In any facility with a warehouse you have humans running pallets and materials from the dock into a rack. Sometimes those products are touched three times before they are put away. Humans are tasked with repetitive, low skill and mundane tasks just to get a pallet from the dock doors and into a rack. With OTTO, you can eliminate long horizontal transport of materials allow your existing team to work smarter and not harder.
How does an OTTO Autonomous Mobile Robot (AMR) work? An operator would move a pallet on to a Pick and Drop (P&D) stand where an OTTO equipped with a lift would be able to pick it up and deliver it to the appropriate destination. This allows manual material handling equipment to stay close to the warehouse racking and not spend hours a day drive back and forth from the dock to putaway locations.
What you gain from automating material delivery:
- Reduced material handling equipment traffic which results in less wear and tear on vehicles.
- Reduced material handling equipment traffic which results in fewer accidents.
- Reduced required headcount for specific tasks, increasing labor efficiency.
- Reduced downtime and throughput for your operation in real time.
OTTO robots can do more than just bring material from one stationary platform to another. OTTO’s platform can be integrated with things like stretch wrappers or existing conveyor systems. Here are two workflows that may seems familiar to you:
- Pallet is picked from racking
- Pallet is brought to a packing area
- Pallet is processed for shipping
- Pallet is brought to a stretch wrapper
- Pallet is stretch wrapped
- Pallet is brought to the dock door
- Pallet is loaded on to a truck
Implementing an OTTO solution with both P&D stands and stretch wrapper the new workflow becomes:
- Pallet is picked from racking to a P&D stand
- Pallet is processed for shipping at the pack area
- Pallet is loaded on to a truck.
In this scenario an OTTO brings the pallet from racking to a pack area, picks it up when it’s processed and brings it to a stretch wrapper and autonomously triggers the wrapper. Once that process is complete, OTTO picks it back up and brings it to a P&D stand at the dock door.
How do you know if you’re right for this solution? ELT Systems Group can offer free consultation to evaluate your facility and operation to determine if this solution is right for you. If you have multiple shifts, labor issues, material flows that bring products across long distances OTTO may be right for you.
Find more information on Eastern Lift Truck’s array of material handling solutions here.